Post #1. What I do.

Alright. This is post #1. So here goes.

Who Am I

My name is Thomas Dickson. I'm a independent life insurance agent in Baton Rouge,La. I've have been in the industry a little over the year. My agency is called Acadian Insurance Group. I had some other names in mind but the domain names were taken already ! So I went with Acadian. It's a nod to the area of the state I live in. And if I ever go to another state I know no one will have that name !

The focus of my practice is in the senior life insurance market. In other words baby boomers. But better believe I will also service their children and grandchildren if they need life insurance !

Why Independent ?

I had the opportunity to go captive when my personal life insurance agent offered to show me the ropes and mentor me. At the time my mind was not on life insurance to be honest. Sometimes I kick myself in the butt for turning it down !

And even then I did not like the idea of being stuck with just one company and their products. So when I made the decision to get my license I went in knowing I wanted to be independent. At the time of this post I am contracted with over 10 different life insurance companies.

What that means is I am able to place a client with the life insurance company that is right for them. My clients don't have to go find another agent with a different company to get a policy. They start and stop with me. I do all the hard work of finding the company after they give me their information ONE time.

Why Blogger ?

I thought about doing the all out wordpress site with all the bells and whistles. And I still may in the future. But let me honest here. I'm a new business. Money is at a premium. I love all of googles products. I've been  using google blogger for over 10 years now. This is a easy to use free platform !

And not to mention I have other business friends who are brand new. They believe they have to have it all together day one. Depending on the industry that is true. But for many, a blogger blog is the perfect starting place. So this is part easy publishing for me and demonstrating to other business owners that keeping it simple stupid is good.

What Should You Expect ?

Life insurance..duh! No seriously, I'll be talking about life insurance, health, finances, and mindset. Health ? Yes. Those topics all tie into life insurance. Nothing stands by itself. Bad health for example is a guarantee your life insurance cost will be HIGH affecting your finances.

I'll be giving you content in the form of text, images, and youtube videos. I'm on the google platform.You're going to see all of their products used to get the message to you. I'll probably post at least 3 times a week. Some content will be from the carriers I use. Lazy ? Maybe ! However that is called working smarter. Plus they supply compliant content that was MEANT to be shared to clients who want to be educated on life insurance. I work in partnership with my carriers.

Okay that is good for now. Stay tuned for more content. And be sure to subscribe !









Comments

Popular Posts